Part-time MBA in Material Management2nd July 2017
Material Management is an important phase of the supply chain. Material managers are responsible for the design, planning, and management of the movement of logistics and materials that are required to complete a job. MBA (Material Management) is a post graduation course offered by many management institutes in India through distance, part-time, and full-time learning options.
MBA in Material Management is usually a two-year program but the course duration may differ from one institution to another depending on the type of course and the source of education. Part-time MBA programs are very beneficial for the working class professionals who want to improve their job prospects and demand with higher education. If you are planning to get an MBA degree in Material Management, you can find here some useful information about the course, syllabus, eligibility criteria and fee, syllabus, and job opportunities.
The minimum eligibility criteria for full-time MBA (Material Management) programs are graduation from a recognized university. For part-time or distant MBA programs, some colleges may ask for a minimum work experience. Direct application is the best way to get admission in an MBA college for part-time Material Management PG diploma/degree course in India.
Course Duration and Fee Structure
The MBA (Material Management) course duration is 2 years for the full-time and part-time classroom course. The course duration for the distant course may range from one to two years.
The application and course fee for the part-time MBA in Material Management course ranges from 10,000 to 1 lakh rupees depending on the duration and type of the course.
MBA (Material Management) Course Syllabus
Part-time MBA in Material Management is usually a two-year course with the following syllabus.
- Year-I: Principles of Management and Organisational Behavior, Accounting and Finance for Managers, Human Resource Management, Research Methods for Management, Operations Management, Managerial Economics, Marketing Management, Quantitative Techniques for Management, and Corporate Communication
- Year-II: Packing and Distribution Management, Logistic and Supply Chain Management, Materials and Stores Management, Project Management, Strategic Management, Export Trade and Documentation, Purchasing and Procurement Management, Total Quality Management, Business Environment and Ethics
Best Options for Colleges
If you are looking for a good college to get part-time MBA degree/diploma in Material Management, the following are the best options in India.
- Indian Institute of Materials Management, (IIMM, Bangalore), M. G. Road
- Institute of Business Management Studies, Vashi, Mumbai
- Bhoj Open University, Madhya Pradesh
- Devi Ahilya University, Indore
- Mathura Devi Institute of Technology & Management, Indore
- Indian Business School of Advanced Management Studies
- Xaviers Institute of Business Management Studies
Job Prospects and Salary
MBA in Material Management is particularly beneficial for those candidates, who wish to go for research works in their respective subjects. Many organizations give preference to material managers with an MBA degree. Distribution manager is another lucrative job in this field where the job opportunities include control and management of proper distribution of goods and material in the area. Other options are lectureship, manufacturing jobs, retail jobs, etc. The salary may range from a few lakhs to much more depending on the job type.