MBA in Banking Management29th June 2017
Banking is one of the fastest growing business sectors in India. A degree/diploma in banking can help you get fantastic career opportunities in the field of banking and finance in India and abroad. According to a recent finance report, the Indian banking sector is contributing to more than 20% of the total job market in the country.
Most of the public sector banks hire through common recruitment exams like IBPS and SBI recruitment. But private banks usually hire internally through direct interviews. The basic criteria for the management and administrative jobs in the banking sectors are post graduation (MBA) in banking and finance from a recognized university. The MBA (Banking Management) course is aimed at providing professional education and training for handling regular and advanced management tasks in a competitive banking environment. If you are planning to pursue MBA in Banking Management, you can find some useful details here including the best institutes for this course, eligibility criteria, job prospects, etc.
The basic eligibility criteria for MBA (Banking Management) program are graduation in any subject from a recognized university. Candidates can apply for MBA entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, etc. to get admission in the Banking Management PG course of a reputed MBA college.
MBA Masters (Banking Management) is a 2-year long program that is divided into 4 semesters, each spanning over six months. The syllabus and subject details for each semester are mentioned below.
- Semester-I (Diploma in Management): Principles of Management, ERP & MIS/ Business Environment, Managing Human Resources, and Accounts and Finance for Managers
- Semester-II (Executive Diploma in Management): Production and Operations Management, Managerial Economics, Marketing Management, and Strategic Management & Entrepreneurship or Quantitative Techniques for Managers
- Semester-III (PG Diploma in Bank Management): Principles of Banking, Information Technology in Banking, International Banking Management, Bank Regulation and Compliance, and Security Analysis & Portfolio Management or Risk and Treasury Management
- Semester-IV (MBA (Banking): International Trade, Business Laws, Project Management, and Research Methodology/ Project Work/ Corporate Governance and Business Ethics
Source: Indian Institute of Commerce and Trades
Best Indian Institutes for MBA (Banking Management)
Here’s the list of top institutes in India for MBA (Banking Management) diploma and degree courses.
- National Institute of Bank Management (NIBM)
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM)
- Xaviers Labour Research Institute Jamshedpur
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
- Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi (FMS Delhi)
Course Duration and Fee Structure
MBA (Banking Management) is usually a two-year long course and the course fee ranges from 2 to 5 lakh rupees depending on the college.
MBA (Banking Management) Job Prospects and Salary
Banking is an established and continuously growing business sector. Indian banks are already hiring hundreds of candidates every year and the hiring percentage is only expected to increase in the future. With the increasing demand of more qualified, skilled and technically sound candidates in the banking sector, a diploma or MBA in Banking Management can help you secure your future job options. The normal salary range in the banking industry is around 5-7 lakh rupees per annum for the managerial level posts.